Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Sense of humor rubbed raw or just none at all?

I vaguely remember hearing about this Ali G somewhere but it was the headline "Kazakh govt threatens to take comedian to court" for the article by Reuters that caught my eye. Well the headline, and the photo:

(I should note the above photo wasn't with the report I link. It did come with the report at my personal webpage and I think it is a better one.)

While I'm not impressed with the tenor of some of Ali G's skits that are described, I suspect many of them come off as groaners and the scripts left in his circular file. Overall, he sounds pretty funny and his arrival to the awards ceremony sounds like a side splitter:
"Cohen appears to have drawn official Kazakh ire after he hosted the annual MTV Europe Music Awards show in Lisbon earlier this month as Borat, who arrived in an Air Kazakh propeller plane controlled by a one-eyed pilot clutching a vodka bottle."
Advice to Foreign Ministry spokesman Yerzhan Ashykbayev: Welcome to the real world. Live with it or ignore it, but you just ask to be the butt of more jokes with threats to sue.


0 Creaks:

Post a Comment

Email Me


Home Page



This page is part of CSS LAYOUT TECHNIQUES, a resource for web developers and designers. Does it VALIDATE? (Ha! Not likely.)

Template Credits::
Eric Costello at Glish for the base templates; Glenn Roveberg at Roveberg for the archives menu; and Ken Ward at Trans4mind for menu open window coding.


Powered by Blogger TM


Subscribe with Bloglines