Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Speaking of instability ...

I'm back from a computer crash on top of several other things. All in all I would not wish the last five days on anyone, including Dan Rather, though I am not sure I would trade with him either.

The crash was not bad, mainly registry corruption which required reloading everything. I first had to get a new HD so as to guarantee no loss of data and then the long slow process of reloading everything and then configuring them, as needed. I'm about half way through configuring. Then there are the myriad of preference settings in applications. You forget a lot if you don't do it for four years, even if it is all written down. But now I have a back up HD and everything is duplicated. A crash now means changing master/slave setup in the "box" and booting up.

Blogging will be light until business caught up, though I do want to post something on the 'instability' in Iraq. Maybe tonight.


0 Creaks:

Post a Comment

Email Me


Home Page



This page is part of CSS LAYOUT TECHNIQUES, a resource for web developers and designers. Does it VALIDATE? (Ha! Not likely.)

Template Credits::
Eric Costello at Glish for the base templates; Glenn Roveberg at Roveberg for the archives menu; and Ken Ward at Trans4mind for menu open window coding.


Powered by Blogger TM


Subscribe with Bloglines