Monday, October 18, 2004

Okay, it's who said this test time. Since the test prep was quick, it should be easy so I won't give any clues by saying one quote is by a fictitious young girl character in a famous novel and the other by a wishy-washy, principle devoided candidate for president of an important nation. I've edited out a little from each to make it more difficult but did not affected context. One is:
`I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'
and, the other is:
I have my view, and my view is my view. I can’t tell you in 20 years or whenever, if someone made a persuasive argument, the world changes ... So I don’t predict the future. What I tell you is that my position is what it is.
I swear, Kerry must have read that book at entirely too young an age:
`I quite agree with you,' said the Duchess; `and the moral of that is--Be what you would seem to be--or if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.'
As best I recollect, Alice survived her trip. Kerry hasn't been so lucky.


0 Creaks:

Post a Comment

Email Me


Home Page



This page is part of CSS LAYOUT TECHNIQUES, a resource for web developers and designers. Does it VALIDATE? (Ha! Not likely.)

Template Credits::
Eric Costello at Glish for the base templates; Glenn Roveberg at Roveberg for the archives menu; and Ken Ward at Trans4mind for menu open window coding.


Powered by Blogger TM


Subscribe with Bloglines