Saturday, May 28, 2005

Chucking the Pentium Baseball Cap

An appreciative hat tip to Southern Appeal for this post. No more Pentiums based computers for me. Not an idle promise for me, either. I'll be in the market later this summer.

But what is as much a concern for me as the embedded DRM, is the explanation in the story about IDE Redirection. That sounds like it's going to be a sieve for hackers.

I'll have to read up on alternatives. It may turn out I'll get a custom built one. I know this guy ....


2 Creaks:

Blogger Bill C creaked ...

I have a lot of issues with the wintel near monopoly. I have stopped using Internet Explorer, Firefox does not crash my computer and has a lot of great features. I have heard good and bad about Macs. With this news I probably will give up on Intel. Everybody is trying to get into my business. Damn.

5/29/2005 2:21 PM  
Blogger Dusty creaked ...

Thinking about it further, Bill, I'm not sure what I'll do about Win. I'm still on 98, because I just hate the thought of having to learn how to get around XP.

Maybe I'll go with Linux and keep this one as the major connection until I see if Linux is easy enough to deal with. If it is too hard, I'll just switch over.

I didn't know you do custom builds. Is that right? If so, then we will have to talk.

5/30/2005 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Email Me


Home Page



This page is part of CSS LAYOUT TECHNIQUES, a resource for web developers and designers. Does it VALIDATE? (Ha! Not likely.)

Template Credits::
Eric Costello at Glish for the base templates; Glenn Roveberg at Roveberg for the archives menu; and Ken Ward at Trans4mind for menu open window coding.


Powered by Blogger TM


Subscribe with Bloglines