Sunday, November 06, 2005

The Vatican on science

Here's the AP article via the Boston Globe. I checked the Vatican site but the actual statement was there only in Latin. I'll post the sucker in 2008 when I finally finish translating. :)

Many of the articles I read, this drivelling piece of framing in particular, have thrown either single or multiple bricks at the Church for its purported aversion to science. It's been and still is poppycock. That doesn't mean the Church hasn't made mistakes but I'll bet if you put the Church up against, say, the Royal Society, I think you find many more examples of resistance to new scientific findings with the latter and I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few persecutions arising from there too.

It's nice to see but, the folks praising the Chruch now for this will be back to beating Her up about being ag'in science next month.


0 Creaks:

Post a Comment

Email Me


Home Page



This page is part of CSS LAYOUT TECHNIQUES, a resource for web developers and designers. Does it VALIDATE? (Ha! Not likely.)

Template Credits::
Eric Costello at Glish for the base templates; Glenn Roveberg at Roveberg for the archives menu; and Ken Ward at Trans4mind for menu open window coding.


Powered by Blogger TM


Subscribe with Bloglines