Monday, December 05, 2005

Richard Reeves: Scammer or Idiot?

In the previous post, I noted that Yahoo News had aggregated an column by Richard Reeves which was posted much differently than anything I had seen. A header all capped and bold and without an organizational attribution. To me that was very unusual. I've been trying to chase that down but I've also been looking for his data.

I stopped by THe History News Network and did an awful lot of searching and finally had to e-mail them to ask about this recent survey -- "The History News Network at George Mason University has just polled historians informally on the Bush record", is how Richard Reeves described it.

To while away some time, I thought I would refresh my memory on the similar survey HNN reported on in May of 2004. Interestingly it was creepily familiar to Reeves story. Then I noticed this update at the top of of the story by Robert S. McElvaine:

Editor's Note 12-5-05: This article was first published 19 months ago. It was referred to in an article by Richard Reeves on Dec. 2, attracting wide notice. Readers are encouraged to post fresh comments by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. (FYI: To see the graphics displayed on this page in a larger format click here.)
Richard Reeves is recycling an HNN survey from 19 months ago. Che!

Hey, HNN, if you see this, don't bother to reply. I found your answer, thanks.


0 Creaks:

Post a Comment

Trackbacks:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

Email Me


Home Page



This page is part of CSS LAYOUT TECHNIQUES, a resource for web developers and designers. Does it VALIDATE? (Ha! Not likely.)

Template Credits::
Eric Costello at Glish for the base templates; Glenn Roveberg at Roveberg for the archives menu; and Ken Ward at Trans4mind for menu open window coding.


Powered by Blogger TM


Subscribe with Bloglines